"On a sunny day the granite lends an attractive glitter to the city..." ~ Lonely Planet

Hurray for Aberdeen...
identified by Lonely Planet...
as #5 on the list of the world's... 
unsung places.

I am quick to agree and also quick to admit...
I am guilty myself of not singing the praises of Aberdeen.

  Looking back on past posts here... 
taken last February while house hunting, 
I realized the only time I have taken photos of my own backyard...
Aberdeen...(not literally of course...
there are sadly tons of photos of my actual backyard)
have been the times I had special guests...
Flat Stacey, here...and Flat Stanley, here.

I have mentioned a few of my favorite spots in Aberdeen...
sporadically, 
left to hide amongst the shadows of words and photos 
of places elsewhere...
 places that stole the spotlight.

Well...no more!
I will make a concerted effort to sing the glories 
of my home away from home 
with what I will call...
My Aberdeen Mondays.


To kick it off...
Ren Man and I finally took a walk along the River Dee which borders Aberdeen to the south...
and is literally a few minutes walk from our backdoor. 

One of my favorite Scottish artists...
portrays the River Dee beautifully in all seasons.

I look forward to sharing 
My Aberdeen with you.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are welcome here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...