"No. 1, we are a lawn bowling club, and then we are a social club." ~ Beth Forbes

One afternoon, 
walking home from a friends,
I stumbled upon...
Whitehall Lawn Bowling,
founded in 1885,
and ever since...
have been trying to scheme the perfect lawn bowling event.

For educational purposes...
since I have never had the pleasure of lawn bowling...
I went in search of knowledge.
Wouldn't you know it...
Lawn Bowling 101...

Now...
this game is just begging to be jazzed up a bit and as my mind was swirling and twirling with ideas...
I came across the most entertaining blog...
who has helped me out with... 
the perfect attire.
I will definitely be checking in on her every now and again.

There is even lawn bowling humor...
clearly...
it will be necessary for me to learn the game in order to laugh at these jokes.

Meanwhile...
it is just a matter of gathering an equally enthusiastic group of friends,
acquiring permission to use the beautiful courts just around the corner,
and assembling that lawn bowling style.

Since my southern roots don't allow me to wear white shoes until after Easter,
 I have a few months to befriend an authority on the game.

Happy Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are welcome here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...