"Planking is one of those things where, hey you either get it or you don't...and I don't, but I am so excited to be a part of it." ~ Erin...The Office

Because its been a week as close to normal as it gets...
because its Friday...
and just because...
we are going to get to the bottom of something I have to admit, 
has me befuddled.

It all started a few months back...
when I saw photos on facebook of friends of 'the editor' 
then on a few of the blogs I frequent... 
and then one night walking home, 
this guy was attempting to lay face down, 
straight as a board on the steps of the library.
His friends giggled as the photo was snapped.

It is called planking...
and there are entire websites,
and...
Planked.me
devoted to this 'passing of time' that supposedly began in northeast England, although Tom Green has claimed to have been "planking before planking was planking". 

Even The Office, of course,
 joined in on the fun...
 It always amazes me how something like this catches on
and continues around the globe for years.


The Official Facebook Planking Page states the following guidelines:
1/ You must always lay face down, ensuring your face remains expressionless for the duration of the Plank.
2/ Your legs must remain straight, and together with toes pointed.
3/ Your arms must be placed by your side, held straight and fingers pointed.
4/ You must make it known that you are Planking. Saying 'I am Planking' usually get this across. Sternly announcing it will ensure a good result.
5/ Your safety should always be considered. Properly thought through Planking procedures should always go to plan. Never put your self at undue risk.
6/ Every Plank that is captured must be named.
7/ Never Plank on dangerous objects, or at a height greater than 1m.


I was beginning to think planking was a generational, acquired taste until I watched these kids reactions...
it is a wee bit lengthy but their responses are hysterical
and my favorite...
"stop planking...get a job".
I am no less befuddled than I was at the beginning of this post, but at least now...
I know I am not the only one that does not get it!


Have a wonderful weekend planking,
 or... 
whatever makes you happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are welcome here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...