"For the present I confine myself to the physical want of some good Montepulciano; and your friendship has heretofore supplied me with that which was so good that I naturally address my want to you." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Three of us yearned for an adventure to the sea
 and a visit to a vineyard...
so we reached out to Lello
our trusted driver and tour guide extraordinaire.
I will not mention names, but when we first met in Rome,
there were murmurings about how our trip
 was getting off to a very good start.  
Our lovely drive from Siena...
 to the ancient seaside town of Castiglione della Pescaia... 
was the perfect place to change into beach attire
 (in the cutest cabanas provided)
to dip our toes...
into the Mediterranean.
After a few hours beaching and shopping...
we savored one of my favorite meals of the entire trip...
ending exactly how every meal in Italy should end.
Salute!
Lello then introduced us to the hilltop town of Montalcino...
 near one of his favorite wineries...
 Giacomo and his family have poured their hearts into this vineyard 
and their passion is endearing.

We lingered, 
and after making sure some bottles of their Brunello were headed home,
we joined a table of guests for dinner in their...
Not a Montepulciano, but Thomas Jefferson would approve, I am sure.

From beginning to end...
a magical day!


SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are welcome here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...