"ABC, Easy as one, two, three. Or simple as Do, re, mi. ABC. One, two, three..." ~ Jackson 5

While 'the foodie' and I did spend some time right outside our door in Brooklyn,
we also hung out with some friends and enjoyed...
Manhattan style.

It was my first time to walk through the doors...
and enter the world of ABC Carpet & Home, a... 
extraordinaire.

It's moments like this...
meandering through magical stores...
 looking up and down...
and all around...
where there is a line to pay for purchases,
 that make you question the claims of a recession.
 Clearly, the customers of ABC missed the memo declaring a struggling economy.

Restaurants are filled, shops are buzzing with customers and the streets are crowded with tourists and locals alike swinging multiple bags of goodies which painfully reminded me of my unfortunate situation...
 one small suitcase already bulging with my old rags.

Of course,
my stomach always has room...
bulging discussion aside...
and we spent much of our time lingering over amazing food.

 Adjoining the ABC Home Store is one such place...
where beauty is on your plate just long enough to please the eye before tweaking your palate.
Looking back, I realized that the only photo to record my experience is the lovely lighting (bottom right) hanging over our table.

In fact,
it appears that I have quite the... 
going on.

The food at ABC was inspiring.
The Ginger Margarita set the stage for the dishes that followed.
 Since the menu is seasonal, I will refrain from descriptions causing you to fall into a fit of uncontrollable salivation at the thought of the BEST fried chicken I have ever tasted north of the Mason-Dixon line and maybe, just maybe... south of the line too.
The side dishes danced perfectly alongside the chicken.

To say you could spend multiple hours at this one location is as simple as ABC.
Shopping and food.
What more do you need?

Okay, who else is hearing the Jackson 5 singing in their brain right now?

Happy Tuesday.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are welcome here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...