"Got no mansion... Got no yacht. Still I'm happy with what I got. I got the sun in the morning and the moon at night. I got the sun in the morning and the moon at night. Sunshine... Gives me a lovely day... Moonlight... Gives me the Milky Way..." ~ Irving Berlin

We awoke to a bright sunrise over the mountains my last morning in Morzine...
and our drive to the airport was kissed by light until we inched closer to the valley...
where a cover of clouds hid the sun from the village below.
Soaking up every ray before plunging through the clouds and joining those unaware of the clear skies just above their gray morning,
a smile escaped at the memory of times I let myself become preoccupied by the gloom of daily clouds.

It is a reminder I am thankful for.
Even when I see only clouds...
 the light is still there...
and before long it is once again kissing my little head.
Otherwise...
I would take continuous sunlight for granted.
That's just the way I am.
Meanwhile...
hopefully, you are sharing a Thanksgiving meal with loved ones...
and not counting calories.

Although we will not be at the same table as our family,
 we have lingering, thankful hearts for our time together just a few weeks ago at the wedding.

Instead, we will share turkey and all of the trimmings with our friends here in Aberdeen who are away from their families as well.
There is even a rumor of having American football on the big screen!
Lac Montriond, France

to our family...
 and friends.
And to the rest of the world...
it's a great day to be thankful.
Maybe you'll have lovely views of the sun in the morning and the moon at night.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are welcome here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...