"Fiery colors begin their yearly conquest of the hills, propelled by the autumn winds. Fall is the artist." ~ Takayuki Ikkaku, Arisa Hosaka and Toshihiro Kawabata, Animal Crossing: Wild World, 2005

I am on seasonal, sensory overload.

Two days ago, driving home from the airport, my eyes enjoyed the one positive aspect of less sunlight.
 It was as if local artists had been busy adding their favorite hues of yellow and red to the trees around town.
Meanwhile...
my mind was right in the middle of deciding where Ren Man and I should explore this weekend for more of natures color wheel...
when huge snowflakes began to fall,
 in Fall, might I remind everyone...
as the snow paparazzi rushed to the window,
interrupting our game of mahjong.

Old Man Winter is trying to steal the show from Autumn's lovely performance and I don't like it one bit.

Hopefully,
winter will be nudged back to wait its turn,
 and the weekend will position the spotlight back 
on the many shades of oranges, yellows, and reds.
As it should be.

Have a colorful weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are welcome here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...