My Aberdeen Mondays...

As I headed to the...
Aberdeen Maritime Museum to meet up with a group from the American Womens Association (AWA)...
my expectations were not extremely high.

The moment I entered the front door...
it was clear that I had severely underestimated a museum...
whose sole purpose is to portray the relationship 
between the North Sea and this city I call home.

Front and center is an engaging booklet to guide youngsters(I observed a 12 year old enjoying the adventure)through all of the nooks and crannies up and down the four floors documenting 
four industries 
that have impacted Aberdeen...
Shipping,
North Sea Oil,
Aberdeen Harbour,
and Fishing.
The expansion and refurbishment in 1997 allowed more space than the original in the 16th century Provost Ross's house and along with the glass entryway,
 now creatively inhabits an old church...

 whose lovely windows...
overlook the harbour.

This mural photo gives a great view of what I see in small increments around Aberdeen.
Man oh man...
this museum was not the only thing underestimated.  

 The Maritime Museum
 should be included on any visitors 'to do' list...
if for nothing more than the view of the harbour 
out of those amazing windows.

Oh...
and did I mention admission is free?
And, there is Leading Lights Cafe for a cuppa and a baked goodie to let your brain rest after being so educated and all.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are welcome here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...