There are too many apples in my bowl...

My children, whom I loveth with all my hearteth...
increased my apple supply on Mother's Day...
by gifting me an iPad.


They are sooooo... thoughtful...
my daughter even loaded it with all kinds of goodies for my enjoyment.


However, when I began to try to incorporate my iPad into my everyday life...
frustration set in...
You mean... I can't save a recipe to look at later...
no mom, but you can take a picture of it...
but not the entire recipe...
well...no
You mean... I can't take a picture with my iPad and share it on facebook...
no mom, but you can download the facebook app... 


Needless to say I am still trying to figure it all out...
so off I went, to my local Apple Store...
here in Aberdeen for some professional advice.


One-on-one is wonderful for those technologically challenged, and you can arrange it all from Apple's website.  So I am not a complete idiot.


Although, my young and savvy associate tutor for an hour...
had no reply to my first statement as I pulled my shiny, new iPad out of its case...
"Please show me why I need this in my life"...
She smiled...
I smiled...
there was a considerable pause...
and then I helped her out with what I would like my iPad to do for me.
Well, she spent the next hour reprograming my brain on how to use my new apple for its strengths instead of focusing on its limitations.
She did ask to excuse herself for a moment...
I did not hear bursts of laughter from the back, thankfully...
and she returned with a notepad for me to take notes.
The young whipper snappers would have been taking notes on a notes page on the iPad...


I left confident, with my notes in hand on new ideas of how to use my new apple...


in the kitchen...
while traveling...
reading...


all requiring apps... 
which all want to sync with all of my other apples...


Meanwhile,  I press on trying to prevent a mushy applesauce meltdown...
if I could just find those notes!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are welcome here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...