"Taking back the World, one Man Cave at a time!" ManCaveSite.org

The best way to say goodbye to this chapter of my life is to introduce the other half of my life...


My husband stands peering out of the window of his man cave one last time.  For the past three years this apartment, his manly "Man Cave",  turned a nightmarish commute into sweet dreams.  In my mind, it was our "place in the city", he could call it anything he wanted as long as I was the only cavewoman allowed!

Only two items left to move to the country... the plants that were nurtured and thrived under his care... will now be living in our REAL home in the country where inevitable neglect is to follow...

Wait a minute, my parents will be touching our plants with their green thumbs while we are away...

there is hope.

As we move across the pond and I become more dedicated to this blog chapter of my life, I need a  nickname to reference my husband.

Inspired by The Pioneer Woman with her Marlboro Man, I have been mulling this over in my mind for quite some time.  Now, my husband has never read a blog, not even mine, so I am safe in choosing whatever name I see fit.  It's only fair...

There is something you should know about my husband... he is multi-dimensional...

meaning he has several dimensions...

meaning he is pretty good at many things, which is why he does not read blogs...

too busy building a new barn or cooking me a delicious dinner without a recipe in sight.

I am not saying he is superman and can leap tall buildings, although he enjoyed being on top of that barn a little too much...

In our relationship, I am pretty good at pointing out problems and he is excellent at solving problems...

God knew this about us...

For example, just yesterday, as I was organizing the house before we leave the country, I was tending to a plant.  A plant that has survived four of our seven moves.  This plant is my kind of plant.  Not too fussy...

All it needs is a good pot of dirt, great support and nourishment.  What a great metaphor for my faith, family and friends.  A solid foundation, a family who is there for me, and those friends that nourish me daily with smiles....emails... texts!

The problem was in the support area for this plant.  I pointed out the problem...

and my husband, who loves to get out his hatchet, machete or other chopping tool, whipped up this support...


a trellis made from bamboo growing behind the barn...

He was a bit disappointed when I could not produce a more natural product to bind the pieces of bamboo together...

"When you are living off the land you use what you have!", I whispered just loud enough for him to hear.

Anyway, you must understand this nickname deal has me perplexed.  I mentioned my one idea to him and he stopped multi-tasking and looked at me with this huge grin.  I think he winked...

That was a few weeks back and I am just now choosing this perfect moment to publicly introduce his nickname...

I texted him that I was revealing his new blog name...

He texted back..."it's renaissance with 2 s's"...

He remembered...from this moment on the moniker, pet name, handle for my husband will be...

Renaissance Man, or Ren Man for short because I am lazy... If you know him you will agree with my choice.

The next time I post will be from Aberdeen, Scotland... and since I don't know how long it takes to be connected with the outside world in the UK...

Until then...

Cheerio

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are welcome here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...