“To walk three miles, or four miles, or five miles, or whatever it is, above her ancles in dirt, and alone, quite alone! what could she mean by it? It seems to me to shew an abominable sort of conceited independence, a most country-town indifference to decorum.” Caroline Bingley, Pride and Prejudice

Although not alone, 
our walk through parts of the 12,000 acre main Chatsworth estate, 

 took us through field after field of sheep...
 doing what they do best, 
munching away,
until finally, from the reclining position,
 they stop chewing and are asleep.
Chatsworth sheep are quite content
 and covered by a cloak of indifference 
with invisible thought bubbles surrounding the words...
'ignore them and they will go away'.

Except for one who made my day.
Don't you just love that heart shaped knee-cap.
Such trusting nature only added to the tranquil surroundings as we ambled along the River Derwent...
on the grounds of Chatsworth Park
where...
is enjoyed in...
 "one of the most beautiful and historic man-made landscapes in Britian'...
1000 acres of farmed, food-producing landscape." 
Chatsworth.org

 With every footstep carrying me closer to 'the house',
 I prepared myself for possible disappointment because of Hollywood's talent for embellishment.

Regardless, the walk across these grounds was proving to being quite...
resulting in regret for not having pen and paper,
or the spontaneous impulse to sit awhile and ponder,
 when all of a sudden...
in the distance, 
I could see the real deal. 
  As if I were late for tea, my feet could not carry me across that bridge fast enough...
before I was instantly snapped back to reality, 
with the realization that I was not the only visitor.
A car park in FRONT of Chatsworth House...
really?

My walk through the acres of lush green fields 
accompanied by the sweet sound of the rambling river had come to a screeching halt.
I was no longer whimsically walking through the estate, 
oblivious to other humans.

Meanwhile...
 we forged ahead to the house and gardens,
 where the owners of those vehicles await.

Have a wonderful Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are welcome here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...