My Aberdeen Monday...

Hopefully...
those of you reading this from across the pond...
are enjoying your Labor Day free of labor.
Maybe...
swinging in the hammock...
reading a book.

Meanwhile...
following that thought process...
I bring you the newest addition to the University of Aberdeen campus.
The Sir Duncan Rice Library.

Now...
you might remember photos of the other buildings on campus...
from my past post which helps to understand the mixed reactions amongst residents.
Designed by the same design firm responsible for the Black Diamond library we enjoyed recently in Copenhagen...
I have to admit to being one of those whose initial response was...
huh?

But then...
I actually checked this place out when 'the foodie' was in town with one of her roomies who happens to LOVE libraries.
This place is A-ma-zing.
The foyer is quite industrial...
and then you look up.
An inverted vortex surrounded by over 400,000 books spiraling to the glass roof.

Only the current events board filled with some of my favorite quotes about education at eye level could tear my eyes away from the wonderment.
.


For those of you in the Aberdeen area...
this library is worth a look see.
There is an exhibition you can still take advantage of...
entitled Wanderlust...
featuring travel journals and explorers' notebooks.

Since we did not have time to linger the day we were there...
it is my duty to return for a closer look, since I suffer from wanderlust.


Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are welcome here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...