"What does 'opa' mean?..At the beginning of any Greek celebration it means bring out more of the foul smelling wormwood liquor. After a few hours of that then it means, "Let's break the crockery" ." ~ Yahoo!answers


My way of remaining in Greece...
if not physically...
in spirit alone...
 is to blurt out Opa! 
randomly...
 throughout the day.
The fact that the word has multiple meanings increases those opportunities...
similar to the word 'cheers' here in Scotland.
Meanwhile...
as I thoughtfully gather my photos and memories, 
it occurs to me that I never actually heard this word...
 our entire visit.

GoGreece states that the word is used these days as a call for attention,
 even though the original meaning may have been closer to...
oops!

Greece is one of those places that naturally calls Opa! 
with its beauty... 
its history...
 and its heartwarming people.

Don't let the last few years of the governments... Opa! 
deter you from visiting these islands that will steal your heart.

Join me this week as I share and entice you to put Greece on your travel calendar...
maybe for the first time.
While we were away...
Aberdeen enjoyed a Spring holiday yesterday...
and actually had Springlike weather.
Here's hoping for more of the same.

Happy Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are welcome here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...