"Just let me state for the record We're giving love in a family dose..." ~ Sister Sledge

Does anyone else feel like the first ten months of this year zoomed by at mach speed?
It's November for crying out loud.

Since the UK doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving, there is no pause to shine a spotlight on being thankful. 
It was always comforting to put away the costumes of Halloween and get real...
to start a mental list...
an 'I am thankful for...' list.

So...
since we will not be able to be with family and friends back home this Thanksgiving...
and because of my love for alliteration...
 Thursdays in November will be Thankful Thursday. 

The wedding provided precious time to spend with family.
Amidst the chaos of final preparations and events...
we managed a few stolen moments with our core family...
 and had time for welcome hugs and kisses for our extended family who took the time to join us in Austin.
My brother and his family came in from Idaho while Ren Man's family flew in from Maryland.
The Texas family members drove in from every direction and as usual it was wonderful to catch up.

At the wedding reception, 
'the editor' and I took the dance floor for our Mother & Son dance...
 waltzing around to "What the World Needs Now"... 
when all of the sudden the music morphed into "I Got It From My Mama".
Before I knew it...
 I was following my sons lead with my own rendition of the 'stanky leg'...
 before the song morphed again into "We Are Family". 
By the end of the song...
 we had managed to wave all of our family members, 
while dragging others,
 to the dance floor.  
It was precious and a memory to treasure.

Here is a visual...

I love my family.

Have a Thankful Thursday!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are welcome here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...