My Aberdeen Mondays...

With excitement in her voice...
our angelic realtor who found our fab house for us, invited me to coffee at her favorite garden center.

Fortunately, the question was asked over the phone 
so my facial reaction was not visible.
Garden centers in the states bring up visions of multiple, humid aisles of 
plants and pots and bags of dirt.
Meanwhile...
over here in the UK you've got...
and let me tell you...
the U.S. is missing out on a shopping extravaganza veiled under the banner of the serious task of gardening.
For Ren Man...
the multi-tasking opportunity of having your car washed while wandering about inside checking items off of our list is quite appealing. 
Although, my visits to Dobbies last much longer when with friends and there is no list.
For me, the happy sinks in the toilet just add to the whole experience.

Dobbies is just one example of this amazing one stop shopping...
all under one Texas size roof.

Mains of Drum might not provide a visit with a Davidson's butcher...
but you might be able to pick up that product from the U.S. that you can't find anywhere else in Aberdeen:
dill pickles, Rotel, canned green chiles, semi-sweet chocolate chips.  

Another favorite just outside of Banchory,
Raemoir Garden Centre, is a nice place for a cuppa and a look around.

With that same excitement in my voice, I encourage you to visit a garden center...
and take your time...
mosey.

Happy Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are welcome here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...