"Oh! Do not attack me with your watch. A watch is always too fast or too slow. I cannot be dictated to by a watch." ~ Jane Austen, Mansfield Park


You may have noticed that I have not traveled in a while but instead have been enjoying the mundane but quite comfortable life of an empty nest expat wife.  
For the first time in my life, I have discovered my partiality to a predictable, unhurried, and boring schedule, 
 but it's like my computer.
 My battery can recharge only as long as I am close enough 
and plugged in to the charging station.
And I am totally recharged...
just in time too,
our daughter, the foodie, arrives tomorrow 
and after a day for her to adjust, 
we are off to visit Ireland 
and the lake district of northern England!

Meanwhile...
on these recharging days...
after all of my chores are done,  
(Ren Man will scratch his head and 
look confused when he reads this)...
let's just say that cleaning the house, in my world, does not make the daily chore list,
but instead is on the 'expecting guests' chore list, 
which usually happens on a weekly basis...
anyway, every once in a while, 
I often have a few seconds, minutes, okay hour or two...
to peruse the internet world.

While browsing, I discovered...
is holding  a contest to spotlight the best 
home design and cooking blogs entitled...
The Homies.

They are down to the final six in each category and it is worth your online surfing time to check them out.

I found a few of my favorites on the list but also discovered some new places to keep an eye on.

Take a look...
but don't blame me if you end up ordering leftovers from ebay for dinner!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are welcome here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...