"Ostriches are not an endangered species; there are at least 2 million worldwide." ~ Funshun.com

We had dinner guests last night...
and in an effort to sprinkle fall throughout the house...
I came across these...
little beauties.

The physalis...
is an orange husk...
that at one time was the tiny home to a small orange fruit.

These beautiful flowers are sometimes referred to... 
as chinese lanterns...
which led me on an internet-world goose chase... 
where I usually make all kinds of wonderful discoveries...
and today was no different.

Check out these chinese lanterns...
with a company that makes eco wish lanterns...
very cool!

I think we need these for New Years Eve...
on the lake...
after the fireworks.

One of our dinner guests...
was visiting Scotland from South Africa...
and she brought me the best hostess gift ever...
my very own ostrich egg...
which led to more researching...
and that ostrich is one interesting bird!

Happy Tuesday!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are welcome here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...