“Success does not consist in never making mistakes but in never making the same one a second time.” ~ George Bernard Shaw

My second visit to Stavanger...
allowed me to completely enjoy the beauty...
and the culture...
for what it is...
extraordinary and expensive.

Just to give you an idea...
a Big Mac  will cost you $14.47.
Yes, you read that correctly...
no typo involved...
fourteen dollars and forty seven cents!
I am a fan of the Big Mac index...
published by The Economist...
which gives you a quick reference to what I mean when I say...
EXPENSIVE!

The cost of living does not seem to bother the natives...
and since the initial shock has worn off...
I did get over it...

and visited some favorite spots from before...
like Cafe Bacchus...
and its delicious Almond Cake.

 New discoveries...
include this coffee shop...
which serves up... 
 one of the best cups of coffee in town...
along with a few posters...
that made so much more sense to me in my native language!
English is widely spoken here...
where it is not uncommon for the children to begin learning at least one foreign language in the earlier years of school.

 Fortunately, this little cafe...
was just outside our hotel...
cool and comfy.

The weather was perfect...
with the crispness of Autumn...
in the air.

Our visit to the Oil Museum...
gave me a better understanding of what Ren Man does all day.

So...
If so...
stop by for a visit tomorrow.

Have a marvelous Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are welcome here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...