"Glasgow was chosen to double as the Pennsylvanian city because of the huge similarities between them including the architecture, wide roads and grid layout of the cities." ~ www.dailymail.co.uk

Little did we know when we saw this...
that Glasgow would soon be turned into Philadelphia for an upcoming zombie movie...
where George Square and surrounding areas were transformed...
street signs...
taxis...
cop cars...
to mimic Philadelphia.


I absolutely love the randomness of Glasgow...
where its history is preserved...
creatively respected...
and every turn is coolness...
and surprising...
and thought provoking...why?...and where?


A free house is a pub... 
and this free house is very serious about customer service...
while this answered the question I did not even know I had...


"Where does the word pub come from?"
'I am going to the public' just does not have the same ring to it...
as 'Meet me at the pub'.


Geographically... 
Glasgow... 
located almost due west of Edinburgh, 



has the River Clyde running through it.
The incredible architecture is... 
consistent throughout the city...

intermixed with ubiquitous art...
that just makes me smile.
Now, I am pretty sure the orange cone was not part of the original work of art...
but this sculpture remained crowned with a traffic cone the entire time we were there.
Don't you just love it!
Even the train station toilets... 
are eye candy...
and the police have artistic 'phone booth' size hangouts!
I know...
I know...
these dogs could live anywhere...
but they looked extra cute in Glasgow...
and they barked with an accent!


I am headed home to Aberdeen tomorrow...
so...
once my jet lag has passed I will finish up Glasgow...
with one of my faves...
The Cathedral.


Can you believe tomorrow is September of 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are welcome here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...