"Those who plan do better than those who do not plan even though they rarely stick to their plan." - Winston Churchill, British Prime Minister

I have never been much 
of a planner-aheader...
the general idea...
or what I like to call vision, 
is there, 
but sometimes...
the details are lacking.
For example...
I would prepare a wonderful picnic lunch...
to take out for a boat ride...
load up the car,
head to the harbour,
to find this.

Now, that could ruin your day.
At that point...
I could pout all the way home...
or take my picnic lunch to a spontaneous location...
like trespassing on the hill behind this beautiful gate.
Or, find out what is on the other side of that precious bridge.
Strawberries maybe?

My planning is not detailed to the minute...
which sometimes does not work out...
but more times than not...
works out even better than hours of planning could have provided.
Unless you are a fishermen... 
and your livelihood depends on knowing the lows and highs...
my philosophy has become...
to roll with the tides.

So, when I woke up this morning... 
and realized... 
my daughter arrives tomorrow...
I immediately pulled up the calendar, began making lists, and worked myself into a tizzy!
I mean...
her visit is no surprise...
it's just that it was...
"see you in three weeks"...
then it was...
"see you in two weeks"...
and then last weekend it was...
"you will be here in just one week!"

Other than finding a place to stay
 while visiting London in a few weeks...
no travel arrangements have been made.
There are too many options...
and while in London...
our son arrives...
so the whole family will be together...
and then we all have to get back to Aberdeen.
Should we take the train or fly?
Should we go somewhere else from London before heading back to Aberdeen?
I have made one realization...
a travel agent needs a lot of time...
patience...
perseverance...
and creative thinking outside the box.
All of which... 
never seem to coincide with each other... 
in my world!

Needless to say, as you can see, 
more space has been allowed on my blog...
so our adventures...
as they naturally occur...
unscripted...
will be noted here...
thanks to my iphone camera!

Have a wonderful week-end!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are welcome here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...