Don't complain about growing old... many, many people do not have the privilege.

Ren Man started my birthday celebration early... 


and brought home my favorites on Saturday...


and now I have the entire lazy day to do exactly as I please...


so I begin...


still in my pj's (it is very important to remain as long as possible in your pj's on your lazy day birthday)


at my homemade desk...
Since our shipment has not made it yet...


I got very tired of walking into my favorite room in the whole house and not having anywhere to sit...so...


I made this out of some of the boxes that we have stacked in the garage/studio and don't know how to get rid of...


the recycling rules are VERY stringent and we are still sorting it all out...


Ren Man thought it looked so real and forgot it was made out of cardboard...


He leaned on it just like he would every Saturday morning to read the newspaper and...


well...


his end looks a bit droopy...


nevertheless, it is perfect as a desk until real furniture makes it across the big pond...


So... now... 


I will begin my lazy day birthday in Fancy Nancy style...


(great series for read aloud)


I prepare a small snack of milk and cookies...


everyone knows milk tastes fancier served in stemware... 


and I found oatmeal in a much more enjoyable form...
these are the yummiest, Your Piece 


served with that extra special touch, the fabulous doily, from Talking Tables...


My nest is now cozy and waiting for...


a girl movie marathon beginning with one of my all time favorites... or should I say favourites...


Pride and Prejudice... which I will quote from time to time... 


"You have bewitched me body and soul..." Mr. Darcy


followed by The Proposal...


"we must give thanks..."  Gammy (Betty White is fabulous)


and if there is enough time before reluctantly getting out of my pj's...


and taking a nice long, hot bubble bath...


to get ready for dinner out with Ren Man...


I will squeeze in Breakfast at Tiffany's...


"I'll never get used to anything.  Anybody that does, they might as well be dead." Holly Golightly


All of this lazy day birthday is totally guilt-free and, in fact, nourishment for the year ahead...


What movies would you watch during your girl movie marathon... 


or macho man movie marathon?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are welcome here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...