" A bad day in London is still better than a good day anywhere else." ~ Anonymous

Before moving to Thailand,
I agreed 100% with the above statement.
Scrolling down on the right side of your screen, 
click on City Links..."London is so diverting" 
and read the many posts, 
for evidence of my love for this city.
Theatre, great restaurants, shopping, 
museums galore...
did I mention shopping.

It was a no-brainer to tag along back in November,
 when Ren Man had a business trip to the UK,
for some cooler weather
and a chance to wear sweaters and boots! 

We try to stay in a different area each time
 to experience a new flavor of London.
Ampersand Hotel
located in South Kensington,
 was our stomping grounds for this visit.
Fabulous location.
Cool hotel.

And then BAM!
Like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz,
it became very clear that I was not in Thailand anymore,
where people smile and welcome you,
and open your taxi door,
and take your luggage up the stairs,
and guide you to the front desk.

Now, to be fair,
London has not changed.

Well, it has changed a bit...
Mast Brothers Chocolate is now open 
and since 'the foodie' pleaded for the newest flavors, 
a visit and taste was necessary.

Fuzzy customer service has never been London's deal
 and has never been the reason I or anyone else goes to London.

Meanwhile, I have changed.
Thailand, and a few other SE Asia countries
 have changed my expectations
 and completely spoiled it for the rest of the world.

Don't get me wrong,
London, I still love you.

But...
don't send me a customer survey.
It wouldn't be fair.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are welcome here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...