“My soul is full of longing for the secret of the sea, and the heart of the great ocean sends a thrilling pulse through me.” ― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

      This...
gives you an idea of the center of the city...
and its perfect size for navigating on foot,
while surrounding areas require one of many transportation options.

Of course...
 9 out of 10 locals own a bicycle...
 branding Copenhagen as the first Bike City in the World. 
However, when given the choice to explore a city by land or sea...
there is no discussion...
Ren Man will choose water travel.
Fortunately,
many of Copenhagen's nooks and crannies can be approached by water...
giving you a zoomed-in view of the many examples of the city's thoughtful approach to blending the new with the old.
This old maintenance hall for torpedo boats enjoys a second life as Torpedo Hall Apartments 
located in the former Royal Navy Dockyards.
Next door...
now provide waterfront offices.
Kayak to work anyone?
Seeing The Royal Opera House from afar has landed it number one on my list for our next visit to Copenhagen.
Very impressive...
 and gifted to the city by A. P. Moller, one of the co-founders of Maersk.
This kayak took full advantage of the parking space left vacant while the royal yacht is away.
Actually, kayaking through the waterways of Copenhagen is another option.
Maybe next time.

Happy Tuesday.



2 comments:

  1. I love sand sculptures! I had to laugh recently when I went to a kid's sand castle contest on Lake Dillon (Colorado). These kids may know how to ski at 3, but even the 10 year olds had NO CLUE how to build a sandcastle or anything slightly resembling one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy I am the perfect example of the exact opposite. I was in college before I learned to ski down a mountain but the beach was my childhood hangout.

    ReplyDelete

Nice comments are welcome here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...