"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?" ~ Alice in Wonderland

I do not know what got into me, but my entire house just underwent a complete makeover.
Ren Man will tell you that in order for me to really clean...
furniture needs to be moved and rearranged...
and today was the day.
With the weather here in Scotland reminiscent of a Spring day back in Texas,
  there you have it...
a little tardy, but Spring cleaning is done.

As I was dragging chairs and tables and couches
 from one room to the next,
trying to mix it up...  
flashes of color and whimsy came to mind.

A recent visit to the MacKenzie-Childs shop in Aurora, NY appeared...
but you know what they say...
don't judge a book by its cover.

 Like a feather duster against your skin...
gently tickling your senses,
as you pass through the dark passageway...
and meander through the courtyard,
a smile becomes a giggle...
and those giggles quickly turn to full out laughter.
 Like Alice in Wonderland, I found myself mumbling,
 'curiouser and curiouser'...
as I tried to absorb it all...
as multiple laps throughout the shop, 
revealed something new with each pass.

How I got out of there without a major purchase I do not know.
Although, Ren Man had 'the foodie' take care of some early Christmas shopping...
 so even though I left empty handed...
some of this whimsy will be cheering up my home soon enough.
Such a thoughtful man...
 and helpful daughter.

Unfortunately,
we did not arrive in time to shop AND attend one of the...
so we chose to shop...
and now have a very good reason to return.

Happy Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks like there is so much to look at there! Visual overload!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristal it is definately a happy place.

    ReplyDelete

Nice comments are welcome here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...