“...that was Bud Caldwell's Rules and Things to Have a Funner LIfe and Make a Better Liar Out of Yourself Number 83...If a Adult Tells You Not to Worry, and You Weren't Worried Before, You Better Hurry Up and Start 'Cause You're Already Running Late.” ― Christopher Paul Curtis, Bud, Not Buddy

One of my favorite children's chapter books,
Bud Not Buddy, involves ten year old Bud, who
throughout his encounters with life shares his... 
'rules and things for having a funner life and making a better liar out of yourself'.

Tweaking the title just a bit,
each month this year a contribution to my own...
"Rules for a Funner Life"
will be shared...
most likely on a Friday.
Why Friday? 
Because Fridays are the gateway to the weekend, 
so by default the perfect example of fun
 and what better day to make life funner.
Well, maybe Monday...
 but Monday is not as alliteratively appealing.

Now before the grammar nazis out there go ballistic...
I am aware that funner is NOT a word.
Humor me and GOI.

Many of my 'rules' will be quotes from books that have taken me on adventures to 'other worlds' while others might be personal reflections as I travel through life.

So rather than resolutions...   
here is 'rules for a funner life'...
 Happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are welcome here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...