"The red carpet is a beautiful situation for people. I think everybody appreciates it and loves it and honors it. Nobody really acts a fool because they know this is a one-time thing." ~ Snoop Dogg

Photos are finally arriving in many different formats from many talented photographers...
all amateurs as far as I know...
but talented just the same.
So...
to pick up with my coverage of the 'wedding of the year' 
we will start with the rehearsal dinner.

Now, those who know me, 
understand my painful attempt to be a 
'good' Mother of the Groom(MOG)
who has only three rules of etiquette, 
or so I was told repeatedly by wiser MOG's.
1)  Sit down
2) Shut up
3) Wear brown

When 'the editor' heard this list he paused and diplomatically shared his belief that I should be able to handle #3.
Being out of the country aided this excercise of retraint 
when told over and over and over...
this was not my party.
Fortunately, it is customary for the grooms parents to host the rehearsal dinner...
which lovingly became known as 'my party'...
 where I took...
 I mean...
 was given pretty much free reign.

Because God has gifted me with an amazing daughter-in-law, 
I had only a few ideas shot to the ground in the sweetest way possible. 
Like my brilliant idea of having pedi-cabs transport the wedding party from the church to the nearby dinner location.
Raise your hand if you like that idea!
Oh well, taking my own advise 
I quickly GOI and moved on.

Stubb's BBQ was the perfect backdrop for our Austin Dinner...
where we could have good ole Texas BBQ served family style.

As the boring bus, just kidding...
 pulled up to Stubb's...
the cameras were snapping away as they spotted...

and the rest of the wedding party...
followed close behind.

Stop by tomorrow for more pics of the wedding cast.

Happy Tuesday.




1 comment:

  1. Good one post.Red is always red,pretty and romantic color.Red suggests royalty and wealth.So people prefer red carpet in high profile events such as awards nights and celebrity parties too.Thanks to share this information.
    Red Carpet Backdrop

    ReplyDelete

Nice comments are welcome here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...