"Jackie: Where you going, Uncle? Uncle: To lifeboat. Row back to shore! Moma Tohru: Good! I have better things to do than hang around with junk seller! I visit with my boy. Relax, play a little Mahjong... Uncle: You play Mahjong? Moma Tohru: No. I *win* at Mahjong. Five time all Kyoto finalist. Uncle: Hong Kong Community Center Champion, 1955. Beat you with one arm tied behind back! Moma Tohru: Big talker! How about you put your tiles where you mouth is? " ~ Jackie Chan Adventure

It was my day to host mahjong and we had a full house.
The rainy overcast day was perfect to be inside, improving our game next to a cozy fire with candles flickering around the room.

I enjoy hosting because I get the chance to try out new recipes on unsuspecting friends...
served on my new crockery from Stoke-on-Trent.

The Quinoa Greek Salad was a hit...
Best of all was the time spent together with an amazing group of women.

Looking through photos of our walk this week, I couldn't help but giggle at yet more photos of sheep.
But wait...
I have a perfectly good excuse this time which happens to help explain why I am so entertained watching these creatures.

We disturbed a herd grazing in the fields...

 and for a few minutes...
 felt like shepherds.

Of course,
we did nothing to cause them to scatter with a fright...
but felt very skilled at moving them down the road in such an organized fashion.

They were hysterical...
looking behind to see how far behind the frightening humans were...
 and then, the logjam at the bridge.

Would you wait in line to walk across the bridge?
Or, would you be one of those that said forget this...
I am not waiting...
my black stockings will dry.
Or, would you be the one in the front looking back grumbling about those whippersnappers that got out of line.

Aren't they funny?

Have a wonderful weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are welcome here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...