"I can spend hours in a grocery store. I get so excited when I see food, I go crazy. I spend hours arranging my baskets so that everything fits in and nothing gets squashed. I'm really anal about it, actually." ~Cameron Diaz

On a scale of 1-10...
an excursion last week totally scored a 10!

It was the first time for my friend and such a joy for me... 
to introduce her to...
just two hours away in Glasgow, Scotland!
A-ma-zing!

We were two grocery deprived women...
filling our baskets with culinary delicacies...
and our tummy's with samples waiting at every turn.

It was here that I knowingly tasted scapes for the first time in my life.
Apparently, the stalk between the hardneck garlic bulb below and a flowering bud above.

At Whole Foods...
they had sauteed the scapes with other items for a wonderful stir-fry.

Samples were on hand of mild, wild, and extreme...
  the best and most natural chilli paste I have come across.
We also had the pleasure of meeting the lovely lady behind the product.
With only seven natural ingredients...
Simply Add Chilli combines chilles with strawberries to provide an added kick to your recipes.

Those of you in the Aberdeen area can find her product at Hammerton Store and the food hall of Raemoir Garden Center

The growing season for scapes is a short one so hurry to your local Whole Foods for a bunch...
and click here on Whiffs or the photo to the right...
 for the recipe...
for a meal that is...


Happy Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are welcome here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...