"I get crazy in a bookstore. It makes my heart beat hard because I want to buy everything." ~ Reese Witherspoon

Alright...
so I admit it.
I am a sucker for a good bookstore.
Throw in a decent cup of coffee and I'm there.
Add to those two details the added bonus of books in English in Madrid, Spain and I'm there for a few hours.
J & J Books and Coffee has been open for over eight years and quite the neighborhood hangout...
with its cozy nooks...
and long-time manager from Baton Rouge, LA whose personality is in perfect sync with the...
right amount of quirkiness.

Since we were in the neighborhood,
after snagging a few books on my list,
we went in search of THE place to purchase a pair of espadrilles while in Madrid...
Antigua Casa Crespo

Mr. Crespo and his family have been making the popular summer shoe since 1836, but unfortunate for us, were enjoying their siesta hours when we arrived, 
bumping this little spot to my list for a return visit.

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are welcome here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...