Rainy days and Mondays never get me down...

This always makes me laugh...
and remains in my head for hours after hearing it over and over and over.
Just see how close you can come to sounding just like him.

So sorry to leave an imprint on your day like this...
but wanted to greet you...
 on this Monday... 
with a cheery hello.

Here in Aberdeen...
 it is a dreary, rainy Monday...
where the sun did not rise until 7:47 a.m. 
and will set at 3:58 p.m.

So...
Seinfeld's hello is a cheerful addition to the day...
as is my new hat rack.
Ren Man was out of town when I purchased the moose...
however his response to the news...
was not what you would expect.
No exasperation or disbelief...
no...
in a voice of calm resignation...
 I may have heard a smile on his face...
as he asked...
"How big is this moose?"
My response...
"The perfect size!"

My moose makes me smile.

Remember that song by the Carpenters...
Rainy Days and Mondays...
and the line...
"Talking to myself and feeling old"?
Well, my version is...
"Talking to my moose and feeling cold!"

Another cheerful addition... 
to a rainy Monday...
is my astounding discovery...
of dill pickles!
Usually unattainable in the UK...
where pickles are sweet even when they say otherwise;
a quick look at the list of ingredients...
reveals sugar.

So imagine my excitement,
and entertainment for everyone watching,
when I spotted this jar of d-i-l-l pickles...
sitting on the shelf of...
Mains of Drum Garden Center...
of all places.

My tuna salad had been missing the added crunch
of dill relish and these...
are an admirable replacement...
far superior to...
the dried, tolerable substitute.

Simple pleasures...
like dill pickles...
should never be taken for granted...
and enjoyed on rainy Mondays!

Meanwhile...
this weather is perfect for a day in the kitchen...
setting the stage for a day of baking...
and today that is...
Blueberry Scones...
to give away.

I had the terrible urge to lick that parchment paper...
but refrained...
I promise.

For the recipe...
click on the Whiffs tab above.

Have a magnificent Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are welcome here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...