"I have horses, I drive a truck, and I wear cowboy boots. First I'm a Texan." ~Henry Thomas

Woa...
take a look at what was parked right in front of our flat...
this morning.

Now, those of you from Texas are completely perplexed...
and are asking, "What's the big deal?"
Being the official vehicle in Texas...
the Texas Cadillac, as it is referred to by many.

Here in the UK,
it is rare to see a pickup truck,
although... 
the numbers are rising.
I have gone weeks without seeing one pickup truck...
and then I'm standing there...
 sipping my coffee...
and see this out front.

Even stranger...
later this morning...
walking through town...
I spotted three more!


Unbelievable...
as I will soon be back in Texas...
where counting trucks is like counting grains of sand at the beach, 
It is quite comical... 
that it entertains me so.

Yes...
two days from now I will be counting pickup trucks...
dropping in on our favorite daughter...
and enjoying the sights and sounds of...
Austin...
where there will be pizza... 
at Home Slice

(click on Home Slice above to watch the video...
'Introduce me to the Queen')...
and real burgers at 
Hopdoddy,
and unlimited choices of
Tex Mex for breakfast, lunch and dinner.


While delving into what others have been saying about Austin...
Design Sponge offered some places new to me.


Other curious items of interest also popped up.
Check out this fantasy subway map of Austin...
thoughtfully designed by...
Cavallari Stewart...
and definitely something to fantasize about.


Right now I am fantasizing about...
empty suitcases...
and fairies fluttering upstairs to pack them for me...
just like these precious mice and little birdies...
 helped out Cinderelly...


I can do it...
I can do it...
at least get the suitcases out of the closet!


I hope you have a week of thankful thoughts...
as we countdown to that official day...
of Giving Thanks.


Happy Thursday!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are welcome here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...