"I cannot compromise or inhibit my independence." Walter Annenberg



I have been thinking about America...
alot...
from across the pond...
and the amazing efforts of those early Americans when they took incredible risks and faced great uncertainty as they defended their way to freedom.


Being in Scotland...
at the time most Americans are celebrating the 4th of July...
where INDEPENDENCE is once again a debated topic,
my heart is thankful and hopeful. 


I mean...
when we are young, we can't wait to be independent from our parents, emotionally...
maybe not financially...
as I am finding with my own children.  


We all want the positive aspects of freedom but sometimes the responsibilities and consequences that come along with being on your own are tough stuff!


INDEPENDENCE, as America knows full well, was and is not easy.


Meanwhile...
in the festive spirit of INDEPENDENCE we are entertaining our fellow Scottish friends, and a few Redcoats with a good old American BBQ...
and there is so much to do... 
with the skillful art of creative improvising...
as a constant challenge.


Happy weekend... 
and to all of you Proud Americans... 
Happy 4th of July!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are welcome here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...