"Love of learning is the guide of life."

Oh, to be back on good ole American soil...
Texas soil...


Jet lag finally gone ✔
Unpacked ✔
Gone grocery shopping and filled the fridge ✔ 
Adjusted to the heat and humidity ✖


Eventually, I will get there...


15 hours after landing in Houston, Texas  (Yee Haw)
I was on a road trip to one of my most favorite cities in the world...


to visit my most favorite daughter who is less than two weeks away from being a second generation UT grad!


To say she greatly surpassed the academic accomplishments and overall acumen of the first generation UT grad is an understatement...


the purpose of my quick trip was to proudly observe my foodie daughter be initiated into an organization whose name I recognized  only because I was smart enough to choose much smarter friends while at university...
remember my Longhorn Ya-Ya's...
Phi Beta Kappa...
founded at William and Mary back in 1776 during the American Revolution...
whose greek initials represent the motto...
"Love of learning is the guide of life."


I may not be a member but I fully agree with that motto... 
and it should be the goal of every parent and teacher to foster that love of learning.


While in Austin we discovered a new burger place which opened last October...
Hopdoddy...


Click on Discoveries to see why this should be on your list of must visits... again and again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are welcome here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...