Excuse me...where is the miso?

As I stood on the aisle filled with soy sauce, fish sauce, garlic pepper sauce, noodles and all things needed for asian cooking, I finally gave up and asked a helpful employee... 


"Where is the miso?" Being a kind professional and not the least bit condescending, he did not even crack a smile as he informed me that miso was a soybean paste.  When I did not respond to this fact with a look of understanding, he then proceeded to walk me over to the refrigerated section where tofu filled the shelves...


I became less interested in the recipe I had planned to serve until he pointed to miso...






a soybean paste which I was told would make all the difference in the world.


Click on Whiffs for the recipe to Asian Winter Slaw...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are welcome here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...